Joy from Confessions from a Southern Socialite tagged me in a fun post and I decided to take in the fun and pass it on to others.The Rules:
1. Post the rules
2. Post 11 fun facts about yourself
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 11 new questions for the people you tag
4. Tag 11 people and link them in your post
5. Let them know you’ve “tagged” them
Facts About Me ...
1. I am a wife, a mother to a 6 year old four legged child, and hope and pray to be a mother soon! :)
2. I enjoy a good Mark Wahlberg movie and have been know to have Marky Mark movie marathons on Netflix.
3. I love reading Southern books - my favorites are Fannie Flagg and Rick Bragg.
4. I also love creating lists - to do lists, grocery lists, etc. It helps me keep my head uncluttered.
5. One of my favorite things to do is ride through historical areas and look at the architecture. One of my dreams as a little girl was to become a historical architect.
6. I also enjoy drawing house plans, which I haven't done in quite a while. In high school, with the help of my dad, we designed a house that someone actually built.
7. My favorite food to eat when Ken is out of town is sauerkraut and turkey smoked sausage with a little hot sauce. So delicious, and it completely grosses Ken out. So that is why I wait to enjoy it without someone gagging.
8. In college, I was in a washboard band with 10 of my best friends. I played the shakers in the Personality Section.
9. I cannot make it through my day without Pandora. I listen to it as I get ready in the mornings, at school, and in the evenings.
10. I am related to Delta Burke. Her mother and my grandfather were first cousins. I have never met her but would love too!
11. I feel like I am living my dream of being married to a wonderful man!
Questions from Joy to answer ...
What was the best part of 2011 for you? The best part of 2011 for me was getting my new job as an eighth grade science teacher, teaching the same students that I have been with for the past 3 years!
If you were given the choice to have a maid or chef which would you choose? I would definitely choose a maid to help keep up with everything. I enjoy cooking too much, although meals seems to taste better when cooked by someone else.
What does love mean to you? Love means many different things to me, but mostly loving through the good, the bad, and the downright ugly. This could be loving someone who is hard to love, loving your dog after they chewed the corners off of your window seals, or your not so pretty kitchen as well as receiving love even when you think you don't deserve it. With love come fun times and forgiveness.
What's one piece of advice you can give this future wife? You will discover new things about your spouse every day. Some things will be wonderful and some will be not so wonderful. Remember, they also learning things from you. Show love even if it is tough. Communication is the key. Always appreciate the good and tell them so.
Do you make your bed every morning? Of course! Ken and I make the bed together. He has to ensure that the sheets are a certain way. Me, on the other hand, just want to make the room nice.
Are you a couch or recliner type of person? Couch. I have more room. :)
Super bowl... which do you like more... the game, the entertainment, the commercials, or the food? The food! It is always so delicious!
What got you to start blogging? Reading Brittany's blog! I enjoyed her post and decided to give it a try!
You've been given a lazy day, what do you plan to do all day? Lay on the couch and read ALL DAY LONG!
Cheesecake, chocolate cake or apple pie? Cheesecake, hands down.
And only because it never fails that someone will ask you this in life... If you could be a color, what color would you be?! This is a tough one. I think I will have to go with yellow because currently it is my signature color. It makes me smile every time I see it!
Questions to answer from me to the folks I will tag:
1. What is your favorite thing to cook?
2. What is one dream for yourself?
3. What is your favorite Pinterest board?
4. What keeps you blogging?
5. If you could plan a fun day for yourself, what would you do?
6. What do you like best about yourself?
7. What movie describes your life or what you think your life is like?
8. What is your guilty pleasure?
9. What gives you courage?
10. What keeps you blogging?
11. What inspires you?
People who I am tagging:
Lea Ann from Steve and Lea Ann
Sarah from The Sharps Life
Amber from The Life and Thoughts from Amber
Brittany from Dalomba Days
Brooke from Thrifty Southern Living with Brooke
Jenn from Rook No. 17
Julie from Life and Love in a Small Town
Jamie from The Ely Trio
Ashley from The Coach and the Southern Girl
Amy from Sunday Town
Sara from The Atwood Family