I have noticed around blogland the lovely pictures of succulents in pretty dishes that adds a lushness to the home and decided to create one for our breakfast table.
So off to thrifting I go to find a pan to begin my project. I found a tart pan and fell in love with the ruffled edges, and I also bought a cork pan at Lowes. The rest of the supplies I had on hand.
- Container for succulents
- Cork pan
- Drill and drill bit
- Succulents (I used hens and chicks)
- Potting Soil (you can also add pebbles on top of the potting soil for a different texture.)
- Something to put in the middle of your pan (I used an elaborate candle holder, but a hurricane would look good as well.)
1. Get a container for your project. I like how the middle part of my pan set up higher than the outer edge.
2. Drill holes in the container for drainage
3. Put potting soil along the edge of your container
4. Use some of your succulents and place them in the potting soil
5. Place your cork pad under your container and water away
6. Your instant lushness!
Succulents are wonderful plants because they root well, multiply, and can live on very little water. I did this project a little over a week ago, and everything still looks great!
I am linking up to A Glimpse Inside linky party!