I just wanted to share some things that we did this weekend. If you live in the great Mid-South, there are some wonderful things that you should experience this summer.
1. Friday night, we had a wonderful dinner and conversation with friends and my sister at Pete and Sam's on Park. If you have never visit this restaurant, you must! Go ahead and order an Italian dinner! You get so much, you could split it! I love the atmosphere of the restaurant. I always feel that I am going to see the Godfather coming out of a private room!
2. Enjoyed my sister Alana's 22nd birthday party. It was great seeing family, eating cake, and laughing about life experiences.
3. Went and saw Diana Ross at the Botanical Gardens in Memphis. She rose out of the back of the stage with her glamorous self! The songs were great! I love that you bring your picnic on the lawn, with your chairs, and whatever you want. People had candles around their areas and some even danced the night away! I highly recommend this! Check out the schedule:
I would love to go see Pat Benatar, but that is my honey's birthday weekend. We will probably be enjoying the Bang Bang Shrimp down at the Bonefish! I also plan on making him this cake!
4. Homecoming at Temperance Hill Baptist Church! I love this little church! I feel the love as soon as I walk in the door. And the food was great! It was prepared by fine Christian women.
5. Suntanning and swimming at the lake. I loved feeling the cool springs at my feet. I saw no snakes, thank you Lord! I did get a little sunburned, but don't tell my mama!
6. I finished the book The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I could not put it down. I read the whole 721 pages this weekend. It is based in Jackson, Mississippi in the 1960's, and is told about the era through the eyes of two maids and a college graduate. It is a good read, and a real eye opener!